In phils lesson we all watched everyone’s film, this was actually very useful, as we get to see how everyone’s films turned out. Plus it was great opportunity to get feed back on our film, this helped to see what we done well in, and what we could have improved on,
Here are a few things that some of our class mates said:
· The close ups are really good, and the blood doesn’t look fake, looks very realistic. Titles were clear and visible.
· Mise en scene- is good.
· The sound wasn’t that subtle
· A little too fast paced at the beginning.
· Close ups unclear = sense of mystery
· A really good and clear plot or storyline
· Great props and blood associated with the Mise en scene.
· Fast paced editing.
· Lab= Too dark
· Shaky camera
· The music fits really well with the genre
· It sounded like CSI or something
· The titles in white really stood out.
· The scenes were a bit dark and I think lighting would have helped.
· Variety of shots
· Good music
· Realistic props- blood on the clothes
· Out of focus in some scenes
· Too dark in the lab
· Sound of camera was a bit off
· The dead body looked really good- good Mise en scene
· The location for the lab was really good- made it look realistic
· Some parts looked unfocused when doing close ups
· Too dark in some scenes
· The sound looped too much
· Good uses of close up and pan of the dead body
· Music builds up susoense and tension
· Hand held camera
· Good use of props- fake blood looked really realisitic
· Good Mise en scene
· Some of the filming is a bit dark compared to the rest of the film
· I think the sound worked well with film and editing, I also like the Mise en scene ( blood and lab scene looked realistic)
· I thought the locations worked well
· I think the use of close ups and camera movement worked well.
· I think that the lab scene was too dark and I think that some shots were out of focus.
· Variety of shots of the body
· Montage feel in the lab scene
· Realistic Mise en scene- white clothes & blood
· Lightning could have been better
· The camera work was really well done at the beginning
· The make up was really good
· The contrast between the red blood and white clothes was really good.
· It’s a bit too dark in the lab
· The Mise en scene of nails.
· Soundtrack worked well with the clip
· Editing worked well, almost like a proper Hollywood crime thriller.
· Lighting was a bit dark for the lab scene.
· Sound was very good matched the editing
· Mise en scene was good
· Very realistic
· Lab scenes are really dark
· Good music
· Good use of Mise en scene – blood with white clothes
· Writing out of focus
· Lab scenes really dark
· Too fast
· Man in the background
· Good use shots at the beginning
· Sound track is slightly gimmicky
· Lighting could have been improved
· I think the titles of the film don’t go with the film
· The sound was good and thrilling.
· The different closes up shots were good.
· Good use of Mise en scene- blood
· The location was appropriate and looked realistic
· There could have been more close ups and at a quicker pace. It would have been more effective if they didn’t show the girl taking pictures of the dead body to add mystery.